DO YOU KNOW?
1. Badminton is the second most popular sport in the world, after soccer.
2. Badminton is the fastest racket sport with recorded shuttle speeds clocking in excess of 200 mph - the same speed as Eurostar.
3. Badminton was first introduced as an Olympic Sport in the 1992 at the Olympic Games in Barcelona, at which more than 1.1 billion people tuned in to watch the competition on television.
4. During an average top-level match ten shuttles are used with players hitting it roughly 400 times each. It's a tiring business – a badminton player can cover more than 2 km in just one match.
5. The best shuttlecocks are (apparently) made from 16 feathers from the left wing of a goose.